Fwd: Funding for HLS

Alexander Coupe ARCoupe at NTU.EDU.SG
Tue Apr 30 06:59:47 UTC 2013

Forwarded message from Gwen Hyslop:

ICAAL/HLS travel scholarships offer
Dear Colleagues
Many of you have been enquiring about the possibility of financial assistance to attend this year’s ICAAL and HLS meetings in Canberra in September. We do not mind admitting that raising money for travel assistance has been challenging, and we have had to make some tough decisions. However, we are pleased to advise that we have had some success, and have decided to make an initial limited announcement: at least 6 travel scholarships of A$600 each will be offered to assist participants coming from South Asian countries (India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Butan). 3 will be offered to participants registering for ICAAL and 3 for participants registering for HLS, with a limit of one scholarship per person. To be eligible, applicants must:

 *   ·         send the organisers a statement of no more than 200 words by email making their case for assistance;
 *   ·         be presenting a paper at one or both meetings;
 *   ·         have registered online by June 15th.

Scholarships will be paid out after participants have arrived in Canberra and taken up their registrations.
These scholarships are offered to provide partial assistance only, with the intention that participants from South Asia should not incur costs inconsistent with participants coming from Southeast Asia.
Note: it is possible that further funding will become available enabling us to offer additional assistance, such as additional scholarships or registration waivers, in which case a notice will be circulated.
---

Hope all is well there!

Cheers,
Gwen

--
Gwendolyn Hyslop
Research Fellow, Linguistics

CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its content.

Towards A Sustainable Earth:Print Only When Necessary.Thank you.