[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Tyler Davis' Honors Term Paper: Critiques and Suggestions requested

FKLinguista fklinguista at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 21:17:19 UTC 2014

TBL Listserv:

As many of you know, I am a recently-graduated B.A. student.  My major
was German, but I studied Linguistics -- with the particular interest in
SEA languages -- both independently and as my minor subject.  When I was
given the opportunity to choose a topic that was outside of my major to
complete the Honors program at my university, I decided to pursue my
interest in Kuki-Chin.  With the assistance of several academics, a few
of whom are members of this Listserv, I was able to write this paper
that I've included as an attachment here.  If anyone is willing, I would
like to receive constructive criticism from multiple individuals, in
order to see if there is a way I can modify this term paper into a
format suitable for presenting at a linguistics conference or perhaps
publication.  I would be grateful to anyone who is willing to help in
this regard.  If you decide to critique the paper, in lieu of responding
to this ListServ message, please message me privately, so as to save
everyone's inboxes.

I wish everyone a "sweet December", as they say in Myanmar/Burma.

Tyler Davis

P.S. I've included both the PDF with the fonts embedded, and a DOC for
those who like to make the side-comments.  For those who need the fonts,
they are "Charis SIL", "Doulos SIL", and "Padauk Book". All of which are
available from SIL's website.