[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] tool to assess Garo novice in USA

Sr. Mary Tiernan mtiernan at cscsisters.org
Thu Jan 8 14:58:12 UTC 2015

I am writing because our Congregation is seeking a tool or resource person to access  comprehension capacities of a 28 year old novice living in Notre Dame, Indiana in her second year of a novitiate program. She was raised in Garo Hills, Turma,  and says her 'dialect' is Achtik. Her primary education was delayed 7 years for lack of a school in her area. She is highly respected in her tribe witnessed by the fact they are willing to await celebrating 150 years of Christianity until her return to India in May, 2015. I have been informed that valid  assessment would need to be done in interview with  a person who is fluent or native in her language.  Can someone offer a light?
Thank you for your consideration. Sister Mary Tiernan, CSC
Sisters of the Holy Cross
  International Novitiate
100 Solitude
Saint Mary's Notre Dame, IN 46556