[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Panel on Tibetan Linguistics at International Association for Tibetan Studies (Bergen, June 2016)

Nathan Hill nh36 at soas.ac.uk
Fri Oct 30 16:26:15 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to report that my proposal with Hoshi Izumi for a panel at the
next IATS has been accepted. Please find the call immediately below.

*Tibetan linguistics and philology *
(14th IATS Seminar 19–25 June 2016)
This panel aims to bring together all those who study the Tibetan language.
With an intentionally wide scope, the papers may treat the documentation
and analysis of modern dialects, the synchronic description of Written
Tibetan grammar from any period, the pre-history of Tibetan and comparative
reconstruction, the use of paleography and orthography in codicological
studies, or any other topic that engages explicitly with the structure of
the Tibetan language. All relevant disciplinary approaches, dialectology,
philology, corpus linguistics, socio-linguistics, etc. are welcome.

The deadline for abstracts is December 1. Please consult the conference
homepage before sending an abstract.

http://www.iats.info/14th-iats-seminar-june-2016/