[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Position available: Professorship of Language Diversity

Stephen Morey S.Morey at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Aug 24 00:40:33 UTC 2016

Dear List members,

A Professorship of Language Diversity at La Trobe University is being advertised. This position has come about because of the retirement of Prof. David Bradley. La Trobe has for many years been a place of high quality research in Sino-Tibetan languages.

I have copied the full advertisement below:

Stephen Morey

(Senior Lecturer, Department of Languages and Linguistics)

<ADVERTISEMENT FOLLOWS>

Head of Department of Languages and Linguistics (Professor of Language Diversity)
La Trobe University

Deadline September 19, 2016
Date Posted August 21, 2016

Type Executive
Salary Competitive
Employment Type Full-time

Head of Department of Languages and Linguistics (Professor of Language Diversity)

La Trobe University - College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to
making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new
ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in
the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one
of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher
education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of
the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving
change to benefit the communities we serve.

The College of the Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce is going through a
period of exciting growth and renewal. The Pro-Vice Chancellor,
Professor Tony McGrew is now seeking to appoint a Head of Department
of Languages and Linguistics (Professor of Language Diversity).
Reporting to the Head of School of Humanities and Social Sciences, you
will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a high
quality learning environment, the delivery of research and teaching
agendas, and providing enhanced academic leadership across the
Department and the School.

Our research in Language, Communication & Culture ranks 'above world
standard' in ERA 2015 with the following languages offered: Chinese,
French, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese and Spanish. Our
Linguistics subjects are ranked in the Top 200 globally by the QS World
University Rankings and 'above world standard' for Linguistics research.
For full information and a confidential discussion, please contact Natalie
Walker at Odgers Berndtson Executive Search at
LTUHoDLanguages at odgersberndtson.com

Applications Close: Closing Date - Monday, 19th September 2016

How To Apply
It's easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae's FREE
dossier service
Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit
applications directly from Vitae
Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track
professor, or a top administrator
Sign Up & Apply with Vitae
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to LTUHoDLanguages at odgersberndtson.com