[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] seeking participants for sociolinguistics survey

Gerald Roche gjroche at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 04:25:34 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I'm currently conducting a sociolinguistic survey of the non-Tibetic
languages spoken by Tibetans in China, in order to learn about the vitality
of these languages.

In light of the difficulties associated with conducting such a survey
amongst the speakers of these languages, I've opted to conduct a proxy
survey by asking linguists and others with first-hand knowledge of the
these languages and their speakers to help provide some of the background
information that might enable me to identify broad patterns in language
vitality amongst this group of languages.

I have already contacted several linguists who work on these languages, but
I'm sure there are other people who work on these languages and are unknown
to me. Therefore, if you work on any of the languages in the list below
(following my signature) but have not been contacted me, and would be
willing to assist by filling out a survey, please contact me at:
g.roche at unimelb.edu.au.

Many thanks,
Gerald Roche

Baima
Choyu
Daohua
Darmdo Minyag (AKA Kangding Muya/ Western Muya)
Duoxu
Ersu
Geshitsa
Guiqiong