[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Antwort: Re: Descriptive grammar of Kinnauri - DD Sharma

manuel.widmer at uzh.ch manuel.widmer at uzh.ch
Sun Jun 18 19:18:16 UTC 2017

Dear Stephen,

the only two persons who have done a substantial amount of fieldwork on Homskad (a.k.a. Hamskat / Standard Kinnauri / Milchan) over the past two decades are Anju Saxena and Yoshiharu Takahashi. As far as I am aware, only Yoshiharu Takahashi has been working towards a grammar of the language. However, when I was in touch with him the last time, he told me that he was only making slow progress. I have not been in contact with im since January 2015 and have no idea how far he has come with his project.

There are three other persons working in the area: Christian Huber (Austrian Academy of Sciences), Philippe Martinez (SOAS), and myself. However, our primary interests lie in languages different from Homskad (note that Kinnaur district is home to many different Tibeto-Burman languages. There are six West Himalayish languages and Tibetic varieties spoken in the area).

If you want to, you are more than welcome to put your friend in contact with me. It's always nice to be in touch with people from local communities who are interested in supporting fieldwork on their languages.

Best,
Manuel

Dr. Manuel Widmer
University of Zurich