[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Himalayan Linguistics 17.1 is out!

Kristine Hildebrandt khildeb at siue.edu
Thu Jul 19 22:00:08 UTC 2018

Dear Scholars of Himalayan languages:

It is my pleasure to announce the publication of *Himalayan Linguistics*
17.1 (2018).

https://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics

This issue features four articles and a book review, listed here.

Selin Grollmann, *A first field report on Nachiring (Kiranti)*

Linda Konnerth, *The historical phonology of Monsang (Northwestern
South-Central/“Kuki-Chin”): A case of reduction in phonological complexity*

Elie Roux & Hélios Hildt, *Algorithmic description of the decomposition and
checking of a Classical Tibetan written syllable*

Bettina Zeisler, *Don’t believe in a paradigm that you haven’t manipulated
yourself! – Evidentiality, speaker attitude, and admirativity in Ladakhi
(extended version)*

Cedar Lay, *Review of Signing and Belonging in Nepal (written by Erika
Hoffmann-Dilloway)*

I would like to thank the authors for their interest in publishing with
this journal, and for their excellent contributions. I would like to thank
our anonymous peer reviewers for the work they do to help maintain the high
quality of papers. I would also like to thank the HL editorial board, in
particular, You-Jing Lin, whose efforts always result in a beautiful and
professional-looking issue.

If you are interested in submitting an article or item for our archival
series to *HL* for review, please direct your browser to here for more
information:
https://submit.escholarship.org/ojs/index.php/himalayanlinguistics/author

You can also contact me directly with any questions: khildeb at siue.edu

Sincerely,

Kristine Hildebrandt

editor

SIU Edwardsville

--
Orche
('Thanks' in Manange)

*Kristine A. Hildebrandt*
*Associate Professor, Department of English Language & Literature
<http://www.siue.edu/artsandsciences/english/>*

*Secretary, Association for Linguistic Typology
<http://www.linguistic-typology.org/>*
*Editor, Himalayan Linguistics
<http://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics>*
Check out our Manang Languages <https://mananglanguages.isg.siue.edu/> project
page!
Check out our Nepal earthquakes documentation project page
<https://iris.siue.edu/nepal-earthquakes/>, too!
*Southern Illinois University Edwardsville*

*Box 1431Edwardsville, IL 62026 U.S.A.618-650-3991 (department voicemail)*

*khildeb at siue.edu <khildeb at siue.edu>http://www.siue.edu/~khildeb
<http://www.siue.edu/~khildeb>*