[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] mobile phone autocompletion for minority languages

Nathan Hill nh36 at soas.ac.uk
Tue Aug 13 08:16:43 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I just wanted to update you on this initiative. With your help, Microsoft
has now released autocompletion mobile phone keyboards for White Hmong,
Hani, Hruso, and Paite. The user generated corpora for Hruso and Paite have
already exceeded the training data in size, in the case of Paite by orders
of magnitude.

So, let me just remind you all that we are still eager to add more
languages with your help. In particular, I would like to see more Kuki-Chin
and Karenic languages added. Also, if you can help promote the existing
keyboards among those languages where they exist (also Tibetan, Dzongka,
Burmese, and Mizo) that would be nice.

very best,
Nathan