[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Fwd: Biography of Professor Nishi Yoshio

Randy J. LaPolla randy.lapolla at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 12:22:22 UTC 2019

An addendum from Prof. Nagano about his biography of Prof. Nishi:

Begin forwarded message:

From: 長野泰彦 <nagano0207 at icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Biography of Professor Nishi Yoshio
Date: 7 December 2019 at 6:17:24 PM SGT

Dear Randy,

In my article, I forgot to mention what papers are included in his “Four Papers on Burmese” (1999).  Actually, the book contains;

1976 Medials in Burmese
1979 The orthographic standardization of Burmese
1998 The development of voicing rules in Standard Burmese
1998 Old Burmese: toward the history of Burmese

Readers can download 1979/1998/1998 papers from NME’s repository. If you have any chance to announce this mistake to the TB-related people, please do so on my behalf.

Truly,

Yasuhiko

長野泰彦 Yasuhiko NAGANO
Professor of Linguistics, Emeritus