[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] ISO changes and International Mother Language Day

Harald Hammarström harald at bombo.se
Thu Mar 7 12:38:02 UTC 2019

Hi Nathan! Thanks for this highlight. I think a problematic aspect is that
many change requests are submitted (and decided upon) based on unpublished
reports. In the case of Ekai Chin

Language and Social Development Organization Survey Team. 2016.
Sociolinguistic Survey of the Ekai, Khulai, Daitu, Saingbaung, and Khamaw
varieties spoken along the Dalet Stream, Ann Township, Rakhine State,
Myanmar. Unpublished manuscript.

Wouldn't it be better to put the horse before the cart and release the
report before the change request that cites it, rather than vice versa?

all the best,

Pada tanggal Kam, 7 Mar 2019 pukul 07.02 Nathan & Carey Statezni <