[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Looking for Robert Shafer's autobiographical sketch in Orbis

Nathan Straub 曹內森 nstraub at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 01:56:49 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for a copy of Robert Shafer's autobiographical sketch.
According to Roy Andrew Miller (Journal of the American Oriental Society
94.2 (1974) p.195), it is located in Orbis: Bulletin international de
linguistique générale et de documentation linguistique 12:1 (pp.350-353),
published in 1963. I have found a snippet of it on Google Books, but not
the full article. (Orbis: bulletin international de documentation
linguistique - Google Books
<https://books.google.com/books?id=44IUAAAAIAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=shafer>
)

The article tantalizingly starts off:

Shafer, Robert: I was born in the sleepy little city of Findlay, Ohio,
which never breaks into the metropolitan newspapers except with quotations
on the price of oil, for the headquarters of the Standard Oil of Ohio...

If anyone has access to a copy, please let me know.

Thanks,
Nathan

--
We are sent into this world for some end.  It is our duty to discover by
close study what this end is & when we once discover it to pursue it with