[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] Sharing a new resource website for Sino-Tibetan linguistics

Kristine Hildebrandt khildeb at siue.edu
Wed Feb 9 19:03:23 UTC 2022

Greetings all,

After I corresponded with Mary Linn last week, she agreed that it would be
useful to share these links with the TB list-serv community. Please see her
message below, and also note Mary's contact information after that. Enjoy!
--------------------------------

Hello my friends of Sino-Tibetan languages,

I am very happy to announce a website for the Sino-Tibetan Languages and
Linguistics Research Methodology Workshop, part of the Sino-Tibetan
Language and Linguistics Institute at Nankai University. I have co-directed
this workshop with Professor Yeshes Vodgsal Atshogs since 2016, but we have
not been able to publicize it via a website until now. The site is in
English, Chinese, and Tibetan. We sent out the press release today in
English and Chinese. The website gives some description of the goals and
spirit of the Workshop and courses offered during the two-week event, and
then includes resources from many of the courses offered over the years. We
hope that it will reach many others and be useful for students and
community language practitioners who cannot come to NKU. I hope that you
all will find it useful as well.

Here is the link to the website:
https://folklife.si.edu/sino-tibetan-languages

Here is the link to the press release:
https://folklife.si.edu/news-and-events/nankai-university-language-practitioners-china

*Mary S. Linn, Ph.D.*

*Curator* of Language and Cultural Vitality

*Director, *Language Vitality Initiative
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffolklife.si.edu%2Flanguage-revitalization-initiative&data=02%7C01%7CLinnM%40si.edu%7C10104a62ce45414265c508d807cdc376%7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c%7C0%7C0%7C637267927624746028&sdata=qri6QzZQmolg3XHDGmqlvN7kvPJNQg8LwUuhcsV4%2B%2Fw%3D&reserved=0>

*Smithsonian* Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage

*Phone: *+1.202.633.7933 | *Web: *www.folklife.si.edu
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.festival.si.edu%2F&data=02%7C01%7CLinnM%40si.edu%7C10104a62ce45414265c508d807cdc376%7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c%7C0%7C0%7C637267927624756024&sdata=7o10MeEOyUrwtp%2FLVEwcWSmalGWA8yTHFCrrwqi69Us%3D&reserved=0>

--
----
Orche

Kristine Hildebrandt
https://namedrop.io/kristineahildebrandt
Professor, English Language & Literature
<https://www.siue.edu/artsandsciences/english/faculty-staff/hildebrandt.shtml>
Co-Director, The IRIS Digital Humanities Center <https://iris.siue.edu/>
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
President, Endangered Language Fund <http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/>
Editor, *Himalayan Linguistics
<https://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics>*

*Southern Illinois University Edwardsville exists on and serves a region
that includes the traditional homelands of The Illinois Confederacy,
including the Cahokia, Kaskaskia, Michigamea, Peoria, and Tamaroa; and the
Kiikaapoi (Treaty of Edwardsville, 1819), Myaamia, Aakiiwaki (Sauk),
Meskwaki (Fox), Ho-Chunk (Winnebago), Kaw, Missouria, Quapaw, Ponca, Omaha,
Osage, Onödowáʼga (Seneca), and others. Through this acknowledgment, their
contemporary and ancestral ties to the land and their contributions to the
University are renewed and reaffirmed. *