[Tibeto-burman-linguistics] ethnozoology

Martine M. mazaudon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:41:44 UTC 2022

Dear Randy,
My colleague Stephane Gros at the Centre d'Etudes Himalayennes suggests
that Lu Lin could contact
  Gillian Tan: https://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/people/gillian-tan
who is working on a lexicon of ethnobotany and has several publications on
pastoralism in Eastern Tibet.
Best
Martine Mazaudon

Garanti
sans virus. www.avast.com
<#m_7695775325893485509_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 3:52 AM Randy J. LaPolla <randy.lapolla at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
> A couple of days ago I wrote about Lu Lin finishing her PhD thesis based
> on extended fieldwork working as a yak herder on the northern plateau of
> Sichuan (I said at the time she was at 4200 meters, but that was average
> height, she went as high as 5,700 meters in doing this work!). Because of
> that fieldwork she is very familiar with the local knowledge regarding yaks
> and their many uses in the community, and would like to write about that,
> and possibly other cultural topics. I have seen a lot of interest in the
> field (e.g. grant proposals) relating to ethnobotany and ethnozoology, but
> I am not familiar with a lot of publications on these aspects. Could any of
> you who have papers, or know of papers, that she could refer to related to
> these topics please send me pdfs or titles I can forward to her?
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Randy
> ——
> Professor Randy J. LaPolla(罗仁地), PhD FAHA
> Center for Language Sciences
> Institute for Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences
> Beijing Normal University, Zhuhai Campus
> A302, Muduo Building, #18 Jinfeng Road, Zhuhai City, Guangdong, China
>
> https://randylapolla.info
> ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6100-6196
>
> 邮编:519000
> 广东省珠海市唐家湾镇金凤路18号木铎楼A302