Urmukki?

Ralf-Stefan Georg Georg at home.ivm.de
Wed Apr 7 13:44:07 UTC 1999

>> >With "Ourmouk" as the only hint in your question I find it impossible to
>> >answer. You should give some more information (if you have any). A short
>> >look into the literature I have did not give any result. Saying this I do
>> >not claim that the possible language in question does not exist.
>>
>> It reminds me of Kalmuk, a Turkic language. It also reminds me of Gurmukhi,
>> the name of the script used to write Punjabi.

>I propose it to be a simple spelling mistake, it should be Udmurt,
>nothing else...
>
>Prof. dr. C.Th.Hasselblatt

Or Omok, one of the extinct varieties of Yukaghir, or Urum, the language of
Turkified Greeks, or /Irmak/, Turkish for "river" (;-), or pretty much
anything. We all could be of greater help if we knew more about the context
where this enigmatic language name popped up in the first place ...

St.G.

Stefan Georg
Heerstrasse 7
D-53111 Bonn