urmukki ? (jatk.)

mmjocelyne fernandez-vest mmjfv at ext.jussieu.fr
Wed Apr 7 15:48:04 UTC 1999

>>> It reminds me of Kalmuk, a Turkic language. It also reminds me of Gurmukhi,
>>> the name of the script used to write Punjabi.
>
>>I propose it to be a simple spelling mistake, it should be Udmurt,
>>nothing else...
>>
>>Prof. dr. C.Th.Hasselblatt

It was my first reaction too, knowing how my French colleagues sometimes
produce original variants of the Finno-Ugric names.
        Mrs Rouzade is responsible for the Language Ph. D. administration
at Paris V University, so maybe she simply heard the name mentioned in a
jury, which she should be able to tell us when she can be met.

Prof. M.M.Jocelyne Fernandez-Vest
Linguistique Finno-ougrienne, Paris III

M.M.Jocelyne FERNANDEZ-VEST
Directeur de Recherche au C.N.R.S.
Professeur détaché de Linguistique Finno-ougrienne
à l'Université Paris III