FUPA&Cyrillic fonts for PC: results of inquiry

Jorma Luutonen luutonen at utu.fi
Thu Sep 28 11:34:50 UTC 2000

Dear Ura-list members,

here are the results of my inquiry to Ura-list readers (August 2000)
concerning 1) FUPA (Finno-Ugric Phonetic Alphabet) fonts for PC computers,
and 2) Cyrillic letters with western-like keyboard order for PC.

1) FUPA fonts for PC computer can be downloaded from

http://www.arts.u-szeged.hu/magyar/acta/fontok.html   or
http://www.geocities.com/fontboard/linguist.html

2) SmolenskSGR font is available for PC and contains additional Cyrillic
letters needed by Uralists. The keyboard order of letters is western-like, see

http://www.kolumbus.fi/jltypes/   or
http://www.estradi.com/

There seems to be very many places where you can get Cyrillic fonts with
variable keyboard orders or additional letters, see for example the following:

http://www.arts.u-szeged.hu/magyar/acta/fontok.html#octocyr   or
http://www.geocities.com/fontboard/linguist.html
http://www.siber.com/sib/russify/
http://www.peoples.org.ru/eng_font.html
http://www.peoples.org.ru/eng_uralic.html
Janko's keyboard generator:
http://solair.eunet.yu/~janko/engdload.htm

Thanks to all you who answered my inquiry!

JL
Jorma Luutonen

dosentti, tutkija                  PhD, Docent, Research officer
Volgalaiskielten tutkimusyksikkö   Research Unit for Volgaic Languages
20014 TURUN YLIOPISTO              FIN-20014 UNIVERSITY OF TURKU, Finland
puh.  (02) 333 5302 (työ)          tel. +358 2 333 5302 (university)
      (02) 251 4346 (koti)              +358 2 251 4346 (private)
faksi (02) 333 5312                fax  +358 2 333 5312
sähköposti luutonen at utu.fi         e-mail luutonen at utu.fi