Fw: A request from the FU/U diaspora

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Tue Apr 17 16:43:26 UTC 2001

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stefan Georg <Georg-Bonn at t-online.de>
An: owner-ura-list at helsinki.fi <owner-ura-list at helsinki.fi>
Datum: 12 April 2001 14:07
Betreff: A request from the FU/U diaspora

Dear colleagues,

for quite some time now I have been trying to locate

Otto Donner: Die gegenseitige Verwandtschaft der finnisch-ugrischen
Sprachen, Acta Societatis Scientiarum Fennicae 11/1879

No library I have access to (and I have tried electronic catalogues
on the web, too) seems to be in the possession of the earlier issues
of the ActaSSF.

Now, I'm turning to you hoping that someone with access to this
paper, which, as I understand, is a classic with an immense impact on
the development of FU/U ideas in the 19th c., might be willing to
help me get a xerox. I know that it is a rather longish paper,
running over more than 100 pages, so please ignore my request if you
think it is outrageous.
On the other hand, I'm willing to recompensate all efforts, by
copying and sending  a 500-pages book (let this be the boundary ;-)
to you, if need be.

Of course I'd also appreciate any informed input about the
(historical) importance of this paper.

Best to all,

Stefan Georg