disinformation on Uralic

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Mon Sep 3 14:14:47 UTC 2001

Dear Uralists,

forwarded, Angela Marcantonio's next message. I must say I disagree with her about the relative importance of early language comparisons to present-day Uralistics: I don't feel that the errors or methodological weak points of early Uralists like O. Donner or Budenz as such are very central to our ideas or definitions of Uralic historical and genetic linguistics. However, those who feel like it are welcome to continue the discussion.

Best,

Johanna