FW: FUPA proposal

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Tue Feb 19 08:42:11 UTC 2002

Dear Uralists,

The affricate problem is a real one since there is a discrepancy in the
system
which can't be corrected with a double letter (how should one mark a
palatalized double letter etc.). I have used the lowered-3-like letter for
voiced apical affricates and a similar letter with a loop in the descender
for
the voiceless or semivoiced lenis affricates (The Saami Languages 1998:
173).

I hope I have not disturbed the discussion with this note.

Yours truly,

Pekka Sammallahti <psammall at sun3.oulu.fi>

(un)subscribe ura-list my.own at email.address
Mirror archive: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ura-list.html