Field Lx Conf. & Info

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Sat Jan 4 09:01:46 UTC 2003

Forwarded, a message from Kazuto Matsumura.

Wishing you all a happy new year,
and apologising in advance for a few days' break on URA-LIST (I will be
offline until Monday)

Johanna
--
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Institut für Finno-Ugristik der Universität Wien

----------

A Happy New Year!

I case you don't know yet, here's some information on field
linguistics
symposium to be held in October in Moscow.

I received this email circular from a colleague at the end of December.

Kazuto Matsumura
Tokyo

------------------------------ 8< ------------------------------
Circular  No 1

Dear colleagues!
Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of Sciences announces
The First International Symposium on Field Linguistics
Moscow 23 - 26 October 2003.

The following issues are expected to be discussed:

Methods of Linguistic Data Collection. Different Approaches to
Language Documentation.
Language Contacts. Language Change in Contact Zone.
Field Ethnolinguistics.
Sociolinguistic Methods of Data Collection.
Field Linguistics: New Techniques and Technologies.
Linguist and Language Community interaction.

Program Committee
Alexeev M.Je.      Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of
Sciences
Edelman J.I.       Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of
Sciences
Gorodetskij B.Ju.  Moscow Linguistic University
Kibrik A.Je.       Lomonosov University of Moscow, dep. of
Theoretical and
                   Applied Linguistics
Kuznetsova A.I.    Moscow State Lomonosov University, dep. of
Theoretical
                   and Applied Linguistics
Mikhalchenko V. J. Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of
Sciences
Nikitina S.Je.     Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of
Sciences

Organizing Committee
Alexeev M.Je. (Chair) Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of
Sciences
Agranat T.B. (Executive secretary) Institute of Linguistics of
Russian Academy
             of Sciences
Belikov V.I. Institute of Oriental Researches of Russian Academy of
Sciences
Gusev V.Ju. Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of Sciences
Dodykhudoeva L.R. Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of
Sciences
Kazakevich O.A. Lomonosov University of Moscow, Reseach Computational
Centre
Parfenova O.S. Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of Sciences
Samarina I.V. Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of Sciences

Call for Papers
Scholars interested in presenting a paper at the Symposium are
requested to fill the registration form and send it by e-mail to
Organizing Committee to the address fieldling at yandex.ru  before
31.01 2003

__________________________
Registration form

Title of the paper:
Family name:
First name:
Institution:
Position:
Address:
E-mail:

The deadline for submitting abstracts of up to 600 words, which are
expected to be published before the conference, would be announced
in the second Circular #2.

Postal address: 1/12 Bolshoy Kislovsky Lane, Moscow 103009, Russia
Institute of Linguistics, Russian Academy of Sciences
E-mail fieldling at yandex.ru.

Registration Fee:
                    Scholars - $100
                    Students - $ 70