New FU mailing list(s)?

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Tue Oct 7 11:42:13 UTC 2003

Dear All,

I just received the following e-mail (plus another version in Russian). As a
fellow subscribee from Estonia already pointed out, sending this message to
an unspecified group of recipients without their explicit consent and
without any mention of how their addresses have been accessed comes pretty
close to the definitions of spamming. However, I think that any well-meaning
attempt to create an all-FU list for cultural information deserves support.
My apologies for cross-postings!

Best,
Johanna
--
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Institut für Finno-Ugristik der Universität Wien