PhD and MA theses from Tartu

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Tue Dec 6 15:35:48 UTC 2005

Dear All,

forwarding these Finno-Ugristically relevant announcements from Tartu and
from the URAL-LISTA list (sorry for cross-postings), I would also like to
remind  you of this possibility: I think it might be a good idea to inform
other list members of potentially interesting MA and PhD theses.

An even better idea would be a central database for works of this kind (I
only know of a Finnish database for MA, lic.phil. and PhD theses in
Fennistics at http://www.helsinki.fi/hum/skl/tutkimus/tietokanta.htm ). As
there are lots of neglected or hardly investigated areas in Finno-Ugristics
and few people really working on these questions, do we afford to let
students waste their chances on overlapping studies instead of real pioneer
work?

Best
Johanna

PS. The forwarded announcement of one PhD thesis and two MA ones is in
Estonian, but there are English translations of the titles.

--
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft