Appeal on Behalf of Mari People

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Wed Feb 23 10:40:27 UTC 2005

Dear All,

below, with usual apologies for cross-postings, the international appeal on behalf of the Mari people, whose rights to their own language, culture, identity, and freedom of speech are -- as reported recently in various media -- increasingly threatened. The text can be read and signed on-line at http://www.ugri.info/mari/ .

Best wishes, from Budapest at the moment,
Johanna
johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at