our ethical responsibilities

Angela Marcantonio angela at marcantonio-brady.com
Fri Dec 15 14:39:01 UTC 2006

Dear all,

Prof. Johanna Laakso has recently made a correct appeal to the scientific
community about their ethical responsibilities.

A this regard please allow me to remind you all that one of the main, if not
the main, ethical responsibility for us academics is to actually read a
publication, and then comment on it (positively or negatively).

Please, let me also stress that mounting a 'crusade' against a given
publication (before or after reading it), instead of engaging in a fair,
scientific debate, can only reflect badly on the Academia in general, and
specifically on those members of the Academia that promote  such a crusade.

Best,

Prof. Angela Marcantonio