2nd Int'l Symp on Field Lx / Moscow

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Wed May 24 12:34:34 UTC 2006

Dear All,

below, a potentially very interesting conference call -- thanks to Bea
Wagner-Nagy for conveying the message.

Best,
JL
***
Circular  #1

Dear colleagues!

Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of Sciences announces

The Second International Symposium on Field Linguistics

Moscow, 23 - 26 October 2006.

The following issues are expected to be discussed:
1. Methods of Language Data Collection. Different Approach toLanguage
Documentation
2. Fieldwork Observation of Language Changes in Contact Zone
3. FieldEthno linguistics
4. Sociolinguistic Methods of Data Collection
5. FieldLinguistics: New Techniques and Technologies
6. Linguistand Language Community interaction
7. SpecificFeatures in Field Work in “Emigrantology”

Program Committee
1. Alexeev M.Je. Institute of Linguistics of RussianAcademy of Sciences
2. Edelman J.I. Institute of Linguistics of RussianAcademy of Sciences
3. Gorodetskij B.Ju. Moscow Linguistic University
4. Golubeva-Monatkina N.I. Moscow LinguisticUniversity
5. Kibrik A.Je. Moscow State Lomonosov University,dep. of Linguistics
6. Kuznetsova A.I. Moscow State LomonosovUniversity, dep. of Linguistics
7. Mikhalchenko V. J. Institute of Linguistics ofRussian Academy of Sciences

Organizing Committee
1. Alexeev M.Je. (chief) Institute of Linguistics ofRussian Academy of
Sciences
2. Agranat T.B. Institute of Linguistics of RussianAcademy of Sciences
3. Dodykhudoeva L.R. Institute of Linguistics of RussianAcademy of Sciences
4. Kazakevich O.A. Moscow State Lomonosov University
5. Maisak T.A. Institute of Linguistics of RussianAcademy of Sciences
6. Samarina I.V. Institute of Linguistics of RussianAcademy of Sciences

Call for Papers

Scholars interested in presenting a paper at the symposium are requested to
fill the registration form and send it by e-mail to Organizing Committee
before the 15th of September 2006.

Information:

Title of the paper:

Family name:

First name:

Institution:

Position:

Address:

E-mail:

The abstracts are expected to be published before the conference. Please
send abstracts not exceeding 6öö words by e-mail by the 15th of September
2006.

E-mail: fieldling at yandex.ru

If you need the official invitation, please point out the following
information before the 1th of August 2006:

Family name:

First name: