[Fwd: conference "Emakeel ja teised keeled VI"]

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Tue Jun 5 12:50:13 UTC 2007

Dear All,

forwarded, with apologies for cross-postings, a conference call from Estonia.

Best
JL

Univ.-Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Universität Wien
EVSL Abteilung Finno-Ugristik
Campus AAKH Spitalg. 2-4 Hof 7
A-1090 Wien
johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at || http://homepage.univie.ac.at/Johanna.Laakso/

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is our pleasure to announce that the international conference "Emakeel
ja teised keeled VI" ("Mother Tongue and Other Languages VI")will be
organized from 22-23 November 2007 in Tartu,Estonia.

The topics discussed during the conference:
1.        Studying, teaching and acquiring Estonian as a foreign language.
2.        Language minorities and policies.
3.        Diaspora - language contacts and  language changes.
4.        Estonian in the context of other languages.

The recommended length of a presentation is 20 minutes. The working
languages of the conference are Estonian and English. Besides traditional
presentations, you are also welcome to use posters.

In case of attending the conference we expect you to send your abstract
(up to 500 characters) by October 15, 2007 to the following email address:
kristiina.praakli at ut.ee. A letter of acceptance will be sent to you by
October 22.

The conference is sponsored by the Estonian Ministry of Education and
Research. Attendance is free of charge. The organisers will pay for
lunches, coffee breaks, the conference reception held on the evening of
November 22 and cover other conference related expenses (map, theses).

Chair of Estonian as a Foreign Language
The University of Tartu,
Ülikooli Street 16-113,
Tartu 51003