moderator's notes

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Tue Mar 20 14:17:21 UTC 2007

Dear All,

may I remind you of a few technical details:
- as the list members use very different kinds of software and some of us
may have severe technical problems with receiving large or formatted
messages, I would like to advise you to send your contributions to the list
as "Text only", without (HTML) formatting
- for the same reason (and also for security reasons: many of us will
automatically delete any attached files coming from unknown senders...),
please avoid using attachments -- either include the text in the message
body or put your files online and just send us the URL.
- the Majordomo server will automatically accept and distribute any messages
coming from the address which you used when subscribing. But, being just a
machine, poor Majordomo cannot know that the message coming from
Maija.Meitsi at yahoo.com actually comes from the very trustworthy person
already subscribed with her office address maija.meikalainen at university.xy .
So please consider this when sending in your contributions. If you still
have problems with bouncing messages, contact me!

May I also use the opportunity to remind you of the Fund Drive of the
LINGUIST list ( http://linguistlist.org/donation/fund-drive2007/index.cfm ,
this year with more or less Kalevalaic allusions ;-) )? Remember that the
donations collected also help maintaining the mirror archive of our list!

Yours truly
JL

--
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Universität Wien, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und

(un)subscribe ura-list my.own at email.address
Mirror archive: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ura-list.html