Roundtable discussion: Research projects in Finno-Ugric studies

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Mon Sep 21 18:22:59 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

in recent years quite a few research projects have been launched in the
field of Finno-Ugric studies, some of them international and making use of
transnational funding opportunities, European cooperation frameworks etc.
As international cooperations and project work are still something like a
novelty in our discipline, we would like to use the 11th International
Congress for Finno-Ugric Studies (CIFU) in Piliscsaba (August 9-14, 2010)
for presenting new, on-going or recently finished projects in our field.
On this occasion, Finno-Ugrists could distribute information about their
projects, exchange experiences and discuss possible synergies.

Leaders and representatives of research projects within or including
Finno-Ugric studies are cordially invited to participate in a roundtable
discussion which will be part of the programme of the CIFU (for further
details, please consult the CIFU-11 homepage at http://fu11.btk.ppke.hu/
). Every project is requested to prepare a 5-10-minute presentation of
itself; in addition, posters and/or flyers can be distributed. Alongside
project presentations, there will be some time reserved for a general
discussion (questions and proposals for themes are welcome).

If you are interested in participating in the project discussion, please
contact Johanna Laakso (johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at). Note that the
discussion is part of CIFU-11 and participants are expected to be
registered as CIFU participants as well. (If you are not registered yet,
please contact the organisers of CIFU-11 at fu11 at btk.ppke.hu .)

With best wishes
Johanna Laakso

--