Ilse Lehiste in memoriam

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Sun Dec 26 22:28:05 UTC 2010

Dear All,

today, two Estonian colleagues, Karl Pajusalu and Anne Tamm, have almost
simultaneously sent me the same sad news to be forwarded to the URA-LIST:
Ilse Lehiste, one of the most renowned Estonian linguists of our times,
passed away on Saturday, December 25, at 19 o'clock EET, at a hospital in
Columbus, Ohio, at the age of almost 89 years.

Below, the notice sent to me (but obviously meant for the whole URA-LIST) by
Anne Tamm, with links to some more information about Ilse Lehiste's life and
accomplishments.

With heartfelt condolences to Ilse Lehiste's colleagues and friends and in
deep respect for the work of her long and productive life

JL

--
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Universität Wien, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und