Fwd: [Kitu] CFP: Graduate Conference on Areal Linguistics, Grammar and Contacts, Tartu 4.-6.5.2012

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Mon Dec 5 12:19:15 UTC 2011

Dear All,

with apologies for cross-postings, here comes the first CFP to a very interesting conference in Tartu. All the more interesting since, as you can see at the end of the message, the conference will be continued with the next IFUSCO (about which no information has reached our department so far...). Please feel free to spread the word!

Best
JL

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: Tuomas Huumo <thuumo at utu.fi>
> Datum: 05. Dezember 2011 13:08:03 MEZ
> An: "kitu at lists.jyu.fi" <kitu at lists.jyu.fi>
> Kopie: "langnet-kaikki at lists.uef.fi" <langnet-kaikki at lists.uef.fi>
> Betreff: [Kitu] CFP: Graduate Conference on Areal Linguistics, Grammar and Contacts, Tartu 4.-6.5.2012
>
> Graduate Conference on Areal Linguistics, Grammar and Contacts
> Tartu, Estonia, 04.05. - 06.05.2012
>
> Call for Papers
> Deadline: 10.01.2012
>
> We invite MA and PhD students, postdocs and young researchers in
> linguistics to submit abstracts related to the following themes:
> - Contact-induced phonological, morphological, syntactic and lexical change
> - Lexical and grammatical replication, shared grammaticalization
> - Typological investigations and wider perspectives on linguistic areas
> - Circum-Baltic languages in general
> - Language contact and sociolinguistics
> - Language contact and dialectal variation
> - Globalization and its effect on minor(ity) languages
> - Synchronic, diachronic and panchronic approaches to language contact and
> linguistic areas
>
> Invited plenary speakers:
> - Maria Koptjevskaja-Tamm, Stockholm University
> - Axel Holvoet, University of Warsaw, Vilnius University
> - Florian Siegl, University of Tartu
>
> The working language of the conference is English. The event is followed
> by the International Finno-Ugric Students' Conference. For further
> information, abstract submission and more, see http://arealling.ut.ee

Univ.-Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso

Universität Wien, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft (EVSL), Abteilung Finno-Ugristik
Campus AAKH Spitalgasse 2-4 Hof 7
A-1090 Wien
johanna.laakso at univie.ac.athttp://homepage.univie.ac.at/Johanna.Laakso/
ELDIA: http://www.eldia-project.org/