Mari summer courses

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Fri Mar 1 21:27:24 UTC 2013

Dear All,

forwarded, an announcement of the Summer school of Mari language and culture. For more information, please contact the organisers (see link below).
--
Univ.Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Universität Wien, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft (EVSL)

Dear Friends,
Mari State University is happy to announce annual Summer School of Mari Language and Culture organized by the Institute of Finno-Ugric Studies and the International Office of Mari State University. The Summer School will take place in Yoshkar-Ola, capital of the Republic of Mari El, on July 01 - July 21, 2013.

We use our advantages of long teaching experience, cozy and secure environment, and exploration of the traditional Mari culture incorporated in the study process.

Feel free to apply and learn more about Mari language, a kin language to many other Finno-Ugric / Uralic languages: Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian, Komi, Udmurt, Erzya and Moksha Mordovian. Come to study a unique Mari culture, which has its roots in the pre-Christian pagan beliefs. You will be taught to speak, write and understand Mari speech, learn the traditional life of Mari, see the Volga river and feel the spirit of this Finno-Ugric minority in the middle of the Russian mainland.

This year the Summer School program will consist of two parallel modules: for beginners and for advanced students (those who continue studying Mari). The classes and workshops will be delivered by experienced professors of Mari State University.

For more information: http://new.marsu.ru/en/International/summer_school_in_mari_language_and_culture/

We look forward to a successful working relationship in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Natalia Mikakova
International Office
Mari State University