Moderator's notes: Discussion policy

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Sun May 19 06:09:12 UTC 2013

Dear All,

as a clarification: I only just found Erika Sarivaara's message in the approval queue of our list. Please note that URA-LIST is a closed list, to which only members can send mail. All messages from others as well as oversized messages go to the approval queue. As the moderator, I get an automatic notification of each non-approved mail waiting in the approval queue, but as these messages can get sandwiched between of dozens of spam messages coming in every day, I may overlook them.

Personally, I share Florian Siegl's opinion: comments on somebody's Facebook wall, however public, are not "public discussion" and should not serve as a basis for real scholarly debate, until these ideas are brought to a proper scholarly forum. However, I also wanted you to know that URA-LIST will not censor discussion as long as the usual standards of scholarly debate and codes of conduct are adhered to.

Best
JL
--
Univ.Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Universität Wien, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft (EVSL)

Välitetty viesti alkaa: