URALICA Information System

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Thu Oct 31 20:44:47 UTC 2013

Dear Forum

The Goettingen State and University Library - as partner of the ‘Uralica’ - is pleased to share the information about the portal http://uralica.kansalliskirjasto.fi/?lng=en

The Uralica is developed by the National Library of Finland and funded by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Cultures.  Uralica is a publicly accessible and open infrastructure information system that provides access to the digital collections of books, maps and recordings in the languages of the Uralic language family of funds of various libraries.

Jussi-Pekka Hakkarainen, Project Manager at the National Library of Finland reports:

“On the behalf of the Digitization Project of Kindred Languages at the National Library of Finland, I am delighted to inform you that the Uralica portal has a new attractive interface from now on. The interface has been realized in three languages in order to support the various language speakers and it contains more than 6000 links to the digitized material in Uralic languages, possessed by four different institutions.[…] If you have any sorts of questions or if you want to send feedback, please, don't hesitate to contact us:

kk-fennougrica at helsinki.fi

We are looking forward to continuing our work with new institution too, so if you are interested in sharing the information through Uralica, consult yourselves with the project plan and contact us for further discussions: http://uralica.kansalliskirjasto.fi/Content/about?lng=en.“

The Goettingen State and University Library and the National Library of Finland look back on a good and reliable cooperation that they also want to continue in future.

Christine Bethge

Fachreferentin für Finnougristik

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen

Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen

D-37070 Göttingen

Platz der Göttinger Sieben 1 (Zentralbibliothek)

+49 551 39-5217 (Tel.)

+49 551 39-5222 (Fax)

bethge at sub.uni-goettingen.de

http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de

http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/geisteswissenschaften-und-theologie/finnougristik/

Jussi-Pekka Hakkarainen

Project Manager

National Library of Finland

Research Library

P.O. Box 26 (Teollisuuskatu 23)

00014 University of Helsinki

+358 9 191 40793

+358 50 363 9223

jussi-pekka.hakkarainen at helsinki.fi

With best regards from Helsinki and Göttingen

Jussi-Pekka Hakkarainen and Christine Bethge