[Ura-list] New book: Festschrift for Petri Kallio

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 25 20:05:00 UTC 2019

Dear URA-LIST Community,

Santeri Junttila asked me to forward this information to all of you: the brand-new Festschrift for Petri Kallio, "Petri Kallio Rocks", edited by Santeri Junttila and Juha Kuokkala, has appeared and can be downloaded from https://blogs.helsinki.fi/santerijunttila/files/2019/02/Petri-Kallio-Rocks.pdf or ordered from the publisher (santeri.junttila at helsinki.fi) for € 15. The book, 200 pages thick, comprises a foreword and 22 peer-reviewed articles (+ two comments to an article) about etymology, historical linguistics and the prehistory of the Finnic peoples. Four articles are in English, one in Estonian, the rest in Finnish.

(Strong recommendation from me as well. This book is a must if you want to form an opinion about the central vowels in Proto-Finnic or indulge in refreshing new etymologies!)

Best
jl

--
Univ.Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Universität Wien, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft (EVSL)

(un)subscribe ura-list my.own at email.address
Mirror archive: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ura-list/