[Ura-list] New Sami publications

Michael Rießler michael.riessler at skandinavistik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Nov 5 15:03:00 UTC 2019

Dear all,

we are pleased to announce new books published in the Samica series at the University of Freiburg.

Samica 4 "Worte verschwinden / fliegen / zum blauen Licht. Samische Lyrik von Joik bis Rap" (484 pages, € 24,90) is a multi-language anthology of Saami poetry covering almost 50 authors from all four nation states of Sápmi from the 17th century until today.

Samica 5 "Johan Turi. Ein Bühnenstück mit einem Joik von Áilloš" (110 pages, € 13,90) is the German translation of a scene play by Harald Gaski and Gunnar H. Gjengset.

See also the current news entry on the homepage of the University of Freiburg:
https://www.pr.uni-freiburg.de/pm-en/press-releases-2019/poetry-from-the-far-north/ <https://www.pr.uni-freiburg.de/pm-en/press-releases-2019/poetry-from-the-far-north/>

SAMICA (ISSN 2199-6229) is a multidisciplinary book series and publishes shorter contributions on the languages, literatures, and cultures of Sápmi written potentially in any language. Publications include the results of scientific research projects, descriptive and teaching materials as well as Saami texts in translation and the original.

The editors of SAMICA are Thomas Mohnike (University of Strasbourg), Michael Rießler (currently University of Eastern Finland) and Joshua Wilbur (currently University of Tartu).

More books about different Saami languages are planned and will be announced later. We are also open to your manuscripts and suggestions.

SAMICA books can be ordered from
Skandinavisches Seminar
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
DE–79085 Freiburg
Email: info at skandinavistik.uni-freiburg.de <http://skandinavistik.uni-freiburg.de/>
Tel: +49-761-2033302
Fax: +49-761-2033366

We provide a 10% discount for series subscribers and a 35% discount for resellers.

For more information on the single publications, ordering, etc., please consult оur webpage (http://saami.uni-freiburg.de/samica <http://saami.uni-freiburg.de/samica>).

Best regards,

---

Michael Rießler
michael.riessler at uef.fi <mailto:michael.riessler at uef.fi>

Yliopistotutkija / Senior Researcher
Itä-Suomen yliopisto / University of Eastern Finland

https://uefconnect.uef.fi/en/person/michael.riesler/ <https://uefconnect.uef.fi/en/person/michael.riesler/>

Head of The Freiburg Research Group in Saami Studies
University of Freiburg

http://saami.uni-freiburg.de <http://saami.uni-freiburg.de/>