[Ura-list] International Online Summer School of Udmurt Language 2020

Esa-Jussi Salminen ejsalminen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:29:36 UTC 2020

International Online Summer School of Udmurt Language 2020
In 2020 the Udmurt Language Summer School celebrates its 20th anniversary.
For two decades, people interested in the Udmurt language and culture have
visited us from different European countries, as well as America, Asia and
Africa.

Over the years, participants from Hungary, Finland, Estonia, Austria,
Belgium, Bulgaria, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia,
France, the Czech Republic, Canada, the USA, Japan and Egypt came to attend
the course. Many citizens of the Russian Federation also showed interest in
the Udmurt language, thus we had visitors from Moscow, St. Petersburg,
Syktyvkar, Krasnogorsk, Moscow Region and Apatity, Murmansk Region.

In the anniversary year, we wanted to offer you an even richer and more
interesting cultural program, but sadly, the COVID-19 pandemic has ruined
our plans. But not even such an unfortunate situation can prevent us from
doing so, and we are ready to proceed with the course online. We are happy
to invite everyone who is interested in the culture of the Udmurt people
and wants to learn the Udmurt language to the Summer School of 2020.

In 2020 the summer school will be organized online.

Venue
the course will be taught using online platforms such as Adobe Connect,
Zoom, Skype or Jitsi Meet.

Course dates
from 20th to 31st July 2020

Syllabus
50 academic hours (2 ECTS Credits):
10 hours – lectures on the culture of the Udmurt people in English
40 hours – conversational Udmurt language (beginner / intermediate level)

Timetable
20th – 24th July (daily, with lunch break between classes):
3 classes (45 min.) – practical Udmurt language
2 classes (45 min.) – lectures on Udmurt culture

27th – 31st July (daily, with lunch break between classes):
5 classes (45 min.) – practical Udmurt language

Stay home, stay healthy! Even though we have to meet online this year, in
2021 we are going to welcome everyone with open arms in Udmurtia again.

https://www.facebook.com/udmurt.school/photos/a.1996934857300958/2626094614384976/?type=3&theater

--
http://esa-jussisalminen.puheenvuoro.uusisuomi.fi
http://esa-jussisalminen.vapaavuoro.uusisuomi.fi