[Ura-list] CIFU XIII – updates

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Fri Mar 13 07:01:40 UTC 2020

Dear URA-LIST Community,

(apologies for cross-postings)

despite the measures taken everywhere in Europe to fight the spread of the corona virus, the preparations for the 13th Congressus Internationalis Fenno-Ugristarum are going on normally. According to current estimates, the situation will be normalized in a few months, and in August no restrictions should be in place any more. (If the CoVID epidemic is still going on in August, mankind will have much greater concerns than the organization of one congress.)

In the unlikely event that the situation in August will not be back to normal yet, we will have to consider either cancelling or postponing the Congress. For the time being, however, this scenario does not seem realistic.

In any case, we will soon send out an e-mail informing all prospective participants that
- the congress preparations are continuing and we are confident that the congress will be organized according to plans;
- in the unlikely event that the congress is cancelled, all participation fees will, of course, be refunded;
- the third circular of the congress, in six languages, is already published on our website cifu13.univie.ac.at <http://cifu13.univie.ac.at/>. The circular has more detailed information about registration and other practical arrangements.

Please feel free to spread this information in your countries and networks!

On behalf of the Viennese CIFU XIII workgroup

Johanna Laakso

--
Univ.Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Universität Wien, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft (EVSL)