[Ura-list] Strange messages from uralist-bounces at nytud.hu

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Fri Jun 18 11:30:16 UTC 2021

Dear All,

it seems that all URA-LIST members have received an enigmatic empty message with the subject "You have been unsubscribed from the Uralist mailing list".  I don't know what this means, but as you can see, these messages come from the server of the Hungarian Research Institute for Linguistics. My first guess is that they have had something like a virtual URA-LIST member account of their own and while deleting it or changing its settings, the system messages have been erroneously redirected to the whole URA-LIST

In any case, the "real" URA-LIST is operating on the Majordomo server in Helsinki, and whatever happened in Budapest cannot have affected its settings or your membership in any way.

Best
jl
--
Univ.Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Universität Wien, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft (EVSL)