[Ura-list] Conference Syntax of Uralic Languages 4

Ksenia Shagal ksenia.shagal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 04:53:51 UTC 2021

*Syntax of Uralic Languages (SOUL-4) – First Call*

The 4th conference Syntax of Uralic Languages (SOUL-4), which was postponed
because of the pandemic, will take place at the Institute of Linguistic
Studies, *St. Petersburg* on *7–8 June 2022*. We hope that the situation
with the pandemic will get better and the borders will be open, so we plan
SOUL-4 as an offline conference. However, the option of the online
participation will be available in any case.

We invite contributions that address issues in synchronic or diachronic
syntax in one or several Uralic languages. The contributions may introduce
new linguistic material or present a theoretical analysis of the existing
data. We welcome papers concerned with any topic in Uralic syntax, in
particular:
- the structure of nominal phrases
- the structure of verbal phrases and predication
- differential object marking
- word order and its interaction with information structure
- subordination
- language contact and its influence on the syntactic structure of the
Uralic languages
- syntactic isoglosses in the Uralic family
- the interface of syntax and semantics/pragmatics/prosody
- the syntax of particles.

Each talk will be 20 minutes long plus a 10-minute discussion.

*Invited Speakers*
Tuomas Huumo (University of Turku)
Andrey Y. Filchenko (Nazarbayev University)

*Abstract submission*
Anonymous abstracts should not exceed two pages (including examples,
figures, and references), using 1in/2.5cm margins and a standard 12pt font.
One person may submit maximally two abstracts: one as a single author or
co-author, and another one as a co-author.
Abstracts should be submitted to the conference e-mail address
*soul2022 at yandex.ru
<soul2022 at yandex.ru>*.
As in previous SOUL conferences, the working language is English.
Deadline for the abstract submission: *10 February 2022*.
In the body of your mail please indicate:
- your name
- title of the paper
- your affiliation
- your e-mail
- how you are going to participate: in person or online
- if you need an invitation (including the one for a visa)
- if you are interested in publication of your paper (see section
Publication).

*Conference fee*
There will be no conference fee.

*Important dates*
Abstract submission: 10 February 2022
Notification of acceptance: 10 March 2022
Conference: 7–8 June 2022

*Organizing committee*
Fedor Rozhanskiy, Maria Ovsjannikova (secretary), Anna Urmanchieva, Anna
Smetina.

*Venue*
The conference will take place in the Institute for Linguistic Studies of
the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Location: St. Petersburg, Tuchkov per. 9 (59.94443 N, 30.28927 E).

*Publication*
We are considering a publication of selected papers from the conference in
a special issue of ESUKA/JEFUL (http://ojs.utlib.ee/index.php/jeful). For
further planning, when submitting the abstract, please indicate if you are
interested in this option.

*Contact*
soul2022 at yandex.ru

*Website*