[Ura-list] Solidarity with Ukraine

MMJocelyne Fernandez mmjocelynefern at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 03:41:40 UTC 2022

Dear all,

Johanna's assertion that "all uralicists condemn" may be true, but it
does not automatically imply that all of them want to express it. Which
should not prevent us from adding our signatures to already existing
initiatives. In France the protests against the Russian invasion are
mixed up with our campaign for the President election (to happen in
early April), i.e. mostly concentrated on denouncing the "extremist"
(right and left) candidates who had shown some sympathy for Putin's
government - or reproaching Macron his failure in trying to negotiate
with Putin. Consequently, academic initiatives are rare, and I am ready
to put my name on declarations from elsewhere.

Thank you Johanna for sending us all this information, and Jeremy for
remembering us of the word "moot", which I have always found somewhat
ambiguous.

MMJocelyne Fernandez

--
MMJocelyne FERNANDEZ(-VEST) Professor Emerita CNRS & Université Sorbonne
Nouvelle
(un)subscribe ura-list my.own at email.address
Mirror archive: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ura-list/