[Ura-list] URA-LIST Moderator's notes

Johanna Laakso johanna.laakso at univie.ac.at
Thu Mar 30 15:26:37 UTC 2023

Dear All,

only recently I became aware that many messages sent to the list had remained in the approval queue. As a rule, there are two reasons for this: either the message is too long (this happens very easily if the message has attachments, formatting, or pictures), or it has been sent from an address which the server doesn't recognize (the classical case is that the sender has subscribed the list from an address which still exists but which s/he doesn't actively use any more). Sorry for this delay!

In principle, the moderator is notified whenever a message is left in the queue to wait for moderation. However, these system messages may sometimes land in my spam folder or get sandwiched between spam messages and deleted. If you have sent a message to the list but are not sure whether it was forwarded (the system should notify you as well!), you can always visit the URA-LIST archive at https://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ura-list/ <https://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ura-list/> (feel free to bookmark!) to check if the message has been sent. And if it seems that the message was really stuck in the sieve, just drop me an e-mail.

Best
jl
--
Univ.Prof. Dr. Johanna Laakso
Universität Wien, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft (EVSL)