[Ura-list] Alkukoti is looking for writers for its next issue!

Esa-Jussi Salminen ejsalminen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 12:02:52 UTC 2023

Alkukoti is looking for writers for its next issue!

Sukukansojen ystävät ry is working on the next issue of Alkukoti, a popular
journal about Finno-Ugric languages, peoples and cultures. The themes of
this issue will be languages and identity.

We would like to invite you to contribute to Alkukoti – you can submit an
article, an interview or a review, including on other themes. You can write
about the latest news or ancient history, or something in between. If you
work in academia, we would love to hear about your research.

You are welcome to write in a language other than Finnish. If you write in
a Finno-Ugric minority language, we will publish the original text with a
parallel translation in Finnish. Otherwise, we will publish a Finnish
translation of your text. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
about the languages used in the journal.

The deadline for submissions is 30 September 2023. You can also send your
piece right away if you have something ready. Please note that if your
article is accepted, the revised versions should be sent back to us in
October.

Our goal is to have the next issue ready as soon as possible, in late 2023
or early 2024.

All contributors will receive a copy of the issue and, if possible, a
small, symbolic compensation.

Please send your submissions to us at sukukansojenystavatry at gmail.com.

We reserve the right not to publish submissions, in which case you will not
be compensated, unless the article is published later as is or in a
modified form.

Best regards

Alkukoti editorial board

--