Dhivehi

France Mugler mugler_f at USP.AC.FJ
Thu Sep 23 05:51:37 UTC 1999

          John Peterson, University of Munich, Germany

I am looking for references on Dhivehi, particularly on work on
sociolinguistics. This is for a Maldivian student of mine here at the
University of the South Pacific who wants to do a project on styles in
Dhivehi. She has been trying to tell me that no one has ever done any work
on the language and I have been telling her that I'm pretty sure someone,
somewhere, at some time, has.

Unfortunately our subscription to the on line version of Language Abstracts
has run out, and I haven't been able to turn up anything from the few 'hard
copies' that are lying around.

Any information would be much appreciated.

france
aka

france