Marathi

Sonal Kulkarni s.kulkarni at READING.AC.UK
Tue Apr 17 13:29:56 UTC 2001

          John Peterson, University of Munich, Germany

> >Hi,
> >
> >Is there any research out there on the historical origins of the Marathi
> >case marker -laa?  I will summarize for the list if I get enough replies.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >--
> >Shravan Vasishth
> Shravan Vasishth <vasishth at JULIUS.LING.OHIO-STATE.EDU>
> >http://ling.ohio-state.edu/~vasishth

Although this is not a recent reference, you may find the section on
postpositions of the dative in J. Bloch 'The formation of the Marathi
Language' useful (1970, Delhi: Motilal Banarsidass, pp. 210-212).

Best wishes

Sonal Kulkarni

School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies
PO Box 218 Faculty of Letters, Whiteknights Campus
University of Reading.
Reading, Berkshire. RG6 6AA.
England (UK)
England. Phone: ++44 (0)118 9680312. Fax: ++44 (0)118 9753365.
Email: sonalkulk at yahoo.com