Pashto, Dari, other Linguist Jobs (fwd)

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at CCAT.SAS.UPENN.EDU
Wed May 8 12:46:11 UTC 2002

Titan Systems Corporation is currently recruiting linguists fluent in
(primarily) Tadjik, Turkmen, Georgian, Pashto, Dari, Uzbek, and Arabic among
other languages.  Titan Systems, with an office in Fairfax, VA, recruits
linguists with a wide variety of language skills for important work with the
US Government.  Most positions are with the Department of Defense and,
therefore, a security clearance and US citizenship is required.  Titan
Systems offers excellent salaries and benefit packages.  We are very
interested to know where in the US we can contact large concentrations of
these ethnic groups to advertize these jobs.  If possible, we would
appreciate your calling or writing to us to let us know how we can best find
these linguists.  In the meantime, if you know of anyone who possesses
native or near-native fluency in these languages, please forward this e-mail
to them.  Thank you.

Following is a job description for these positions:

CONTACT:
Ms. Lorenda Flick
Program Support Manager

Titan Systems Corporation
3877 Fairfax Ridge Road
Fairfax, VA  22030-7448
www.titansystemscorp.com <http://www.titansystemscorp.com>

E-mail:  lflick at titan.com
Telephone:  (703) 383-6440 or (800) 548-7466, ext. 6440

Job Title:  Linguist (Arabic, Tadjik, Turkmen, Georgian, Uzbek, Pashto,
Dari, Farsi)

Job Location:  Various (US and abroad)

Salary:  Variable depending upon language (Titan offers excellent salaries
and benefits)

Number of positions:  Continuing requirements

Job Description:  Translation and interpretation from target language into
English and reverse;  translate documents and oral conversations;
simultaneous interpretation.

Special Requirements:  Most positions require US citizenship and security
clearance.  The few non-US Citizen positions require INS authorization to
work in the US.

Start Date:  Variable depending upon language but many are immediate

Deadline:  Ongoing

Thank you.

Lorenda S. Flick
Titan Systems Corporation