Looking for a Sadani dictionary

John Peterson jpeterso at UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Thu Sep 26 09:06:08 UTC 2002

Hello!

Could anyone out there tell me if there is a good Sadani-English or
Sadani-Hindi dictionary to be had? With Sadani I mean the language
which also goes under the names "Sadri" or "Nagpuriya" - often
considered a dialect of Bhojpuri.

I am aware of the glossary in Jordan-Horstmann (1969), but I need a
more comprehensive work with a larger number of entries.

By the way - if you haven't checked out the "South Asia Bibliography"
(address is below) in a while, you might want to take another look. It
has grown enormously in the past couple of months.

I'm always grateful for additions and corrections, so please feel free
to send me your works and also to point out typos and the like. The
site got over 11,400 clicks last month, so if you would like people to
find your works, this is probably a good place to have it listed. But
please - only those languages which are included in the list and
missing smaller languages, i.e., everything EXCEPT the major, well
documented languages (Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Urdu, Tamil, Kashmiri,
Punjabi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam...).

Thanks in advance!
John
John Peterson
FB 7, Sprachwissenschaft