Balti scripts

Gail M Coelho gcoelho at TAMU.EDU
Wed Apr 9 13:01:51 UTC 2003

Could you give us more info about where we can get a look at the
dissertation -- which university. I'm interested in the writing system
issue to, but from a language-describer's perspective. I've worked out an
orthgraphy for Betta Kurumba, a Dravidian language. Btw, there's an example
of synchronic variation in script that goes with intranational state
borders, too (also including religion-based communities) -- Konkani is
written in Devnagari and Roman script in Maharashtra state in India, and
Kannada and Roman script in Karnataka state.

Gail