Murray B. Emeneau

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at CCAT.SAS.UPENN.EDU
Tue Aug 30 12:51:42 UTC 2005

Today I received the following message, forwarded from William Bright.

dear friends; our teacher prof. m.b. emeneau died this morning in
berkeley at age 102. i was notified by ... email ... from
bh. krishnamurti, who has been visiting his son in phoenix but is
returning to india tomorrow. i have in turn passed the word to people
in the linguistics dept and the dept of south asian studies at
berkeley.

please pass on the word to other people who should know (i don't have
email addresses for everyone). i imagine that a memorial service will
be announced in due course by the berkeley departments.

with best wishes; bill

Emeritus Professor of Linguistics and Anthropology, UCLA
Professor Adjoint of Linguistics, University of Colorado, Boulder
1625 Mariposa Ave., Boulder CO 80302
Tel. 303-444-4274
FAX 303-413-0017
URL <www.ncidc.org/bright>