Unknown deity

D.G.Damle D.G.Damle at OPEN.AC.UK
Thu Jul 21 15:12:52 UTC 2005

That is Ganesha - the Elephant headed god!  The picture isn't terribly clear, but I seems to see the trunk.  If you have other photos, look for his vehicle, a mouse!

Dileep Damle

	-----Original Message-----
	From: South Asian Linguists on behalf of Allen W Thrasher
	Sent: Thu 21/07/2005 14:20
	To: VYAKARAN at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
	Subject: Unknown deity

	Are you referring to the human figure, or to the snake?

	Allen Thrasher

	>>> dictdoc at HOTMAIL.COM 07/21/05 8:26 AM >>>

	Dear Colleagues,
	                          A colleague of mine has sent me this photo of an
	unknown deity. As the text on the photo shows, it was taken at Sri Rangam.
	If anybody could throw light on the identity of the deity, I would be most
	obliged,
	The photo is within a word file. Please view the file to see the photo.
	Many thanks in advance,
	Best regards,

	R.Doctor